Saturday, July 11, 2009

Off to camp we go!

I sent my Elizabeth to music camp this morning for the week... very bittersweet. On one hand I'm so glad she have the opportunity and I hope she has so much fun, but on the other hand I'm going to miss her terribly and worry non-stop. This is not her first year going to camp though. Last year she went without knowing a soul and she had a fabulous time. This year, she'll know some of the kids from last year but she also has her two cousins going with her. So I know it'll be a time to remember for her.

Of course I wish I could tag a long for a while, completely unseen, and snap photos to scrapbook. LOL


Speaking of scrapping, I finally scrapped again! It's been so long because of being sick. And the longer it was the more I put it off because... it just seemed like it might be hard to get creative again. But in one day I pumped out five pages. You heard me, FIVE pages. Of course I can't post them yet, but the important part of this story is that I am back scrapping. Happy smiles.

So while E is at camp, I'll share a Rachel story with you. A couple of Elizabeth's softball games this spring were at this cute little park with a great playground right next to the ball field. This, of course, means that Rachel wasn't bored to death, but that she got to play for hours without interruption. She loved it.

Well, while I was closer to the field taking photos (of course) Shaun was watching the little kiddo play from across the playground. While he sat there, some big kid about two years older, a head taller and much larger in the girth, grabbed our little Rachel (who just turned four) by the shoulders and started shaking her and pushing her. (You better believe that kid was glad I was by the field and not the playground!) Well, anyway, just as Rachel's daddy got up to go get that kid off of our kid, little Rachel's sweet angelic face turned into her 'I'm getting mad' face and her arms became little stiff boards at her side with her fists balled up. Then she hauled back and punched the other kid in the nose. And not a little soft bop either, because that kid who was at least two years older than Rachel started crying and crying and crying.

And as you can imagine, her parents were no where to be found, because if they were, she wouldn't have been bullying Rachel to begin with. But then again, the apple rarely falls far from the tree.

I like knowing my kids can take care of themselves, LOL.

Here's Elizabeth playing catcher and her sweet little sister Rachel who knows how to punch a bully in the nose.





And I'm off! Catch ya later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol she's a tough little cookie! Hope you had a great weekend and I'm sure all will be fine at the camp! :) Hugs Rachel xx--xx http://blog.captivatedvisions.co.uk

Robin Ennis Willson said...

She'll love camp! Great job getting all those pages done.

sausan said...

She will make it...but I am not so sure about you LOLOL Good to read that you are feeling better again and heading back to normal. Enjoy time with Rachel! Hugs