Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Science Fiction and New Presidents

I've never considered myself a fan of science fiction, but somehow one of my favorite authors is a sci-fi writer.

Michael Crichton, author of such books as Jurassic Park and Timeline, has become one of those authors that I am always anxious to see something new from. I've not only loved his books, but the movies based on them as well. And although I have never watched ER, any show that runs for 15 seasons has to be good. Excellent even.

So I was very saddened today to discover that one of my favorite authors, Michael Crichton, has passed away. I'll never again be able to wait anxiously for the release of one of his new books. Darn it.

Moving on...

When Hillary was still in the race for president, even though I didn't much like her politics, I was thrilled that a woman could get so far. And now, today we have an African American president elect. I really didn't think either would happen in my lifetime and I am excited that I could witness such events in the history of our country.

I'm even more excited about what's to come for our country, the things that our children are going to grow up seeing and experiencing. So, although I am a Republican through and through, I am excited to see history happen in my lifetime.

I'm looking forward to new experiences.

No comments: