Thursday, November 6, 2008

Nine Years





















Nine years of parenthood. I remember having this sweet little baby and being wonderfully happy, but not able to picture what it would be like to be the parent of a big kid. I couldn't picture what my little girl would look like, how her personality would develop, or even what kind of a parent I would be.

Nine years later and now I can compare her current personality to what she was like as a baby.























She was quickly nicknamed 'Little Miss Pitch a Fit' because she could cry. And cry she did. She was four weeks old before my sister introduced me to a little something called Mylicon (gas drops), and that right there changed our lives. But still to this day (and I'm sure like most kids) if she doesn't get her way, she can throw you an attitude that can get her sent to bed immediately following dinner.

Elizabeth never turned down a food as a baby. She loved to eat everything. And everything she ate. Today, she still has an appetite and there are very few foods that she'll turn her nose up to.

Elizabeth talked to everybody. She smiled and waved and 'talked' to everybody she came into contact with. She is still a social butterfly and loves to be around people.

She was an early walker and always a bit more coordinated than most of the other kids her age. Elizabeth today still loves to be active and currently her passion is volleyball.

Although she played with toys, she was never really into them the way her sister is. If she made up stories and voices for the characters in her play, she would only do it if she was completely alone, not wanting anyone (including me) to hear her imaginative play. Again, today she would rather be running around outside, skateboarding, bike riding, playing hide and seek than she would sitting around and playing imaginative games.


When she was in pre-school she was given her first 'journal' by her Auntie Francine and Uncle Kevin. She could always be found 'writing' in it or drawing pictures. Since that moment, she has never been without a journal. She loves to write. In fact, one time at a slumber party she stopped playing with the group for a bit because she felt the need to write in her journal for a few minutes. My friend told me all the kids were so curious about what she was writing that they could barely keep up their games. All they wanted to do was see what Elizabeth was writing in her journal, LOL.


I still can't believe I've been a parent for nine years. It amazes me.


This year, we had a Halloween themed party and she requested an eyeball cake.


















She loved them. But I better not see these posted on Cake Wreks! I'm not a professional baker, just a mom who is trying to please her baby. LOL


I made two though, one for Elizabeth and one for my sister-in-law who ended up not able to come because of a little mini football player that had to go to the emergency room.


So Barbara, happy birthday! :)




We had a fun party though and the kids enjoyed themselves thoroughly.


Let me just leave you with one more photo of Elizabeth and a couple of her cousins wearing disguises, see if you can recognize them. ;) Have a great day!







1 comment:

Beth said...

Awww.... my little 'baby' girl is turning 9 in a few weeks too!!! And it's amazing to look back and see the journey she's taken! Just wanted to stop by and say 'hello' and thanks for stopping by my little blog the other day! That eyeball cake would be difficult for me to eat!!! LOL! It's so creepy... hee hee hee....