Now most people wouldn't say their front yard was a place of exploration, but for us the story is a bit different. The previous owner didn't touch her yard at all in the last ten years or so. Actually, one of our neighbors told us that she started to do something about four years ago, but then never actually did anything. We've seen evidence that this was a pattern with her; start a job then move on, LOL.
Well anyway, we have a large, wooded front yard and my husband has been working every weekend to try and clean it up. There is definitely a difference from when he started; for one, you can actually see the front of the house now. But we still have lots of work to do. But since he has begun cleaning the front yard up, he has uncovered some paths which the girls have been enjoying running on through the yard. Every walk though the yard has become an adventure for them.

Trail Blazer credits.
On one such adventure through the yard they found this:
A huge salamander. The girls thought it was was pretty cool, although they weren't very interested in touching it. Shaun put it close to Rachel's face and she yelled, "Yikes!" and then would giggle. Elizabeth would only touch it through a glove. Me, no, I preferred not to touch it either, so I can't give them too much grief, LOL.
One of the great things about our front yard is the cute pictures I've been getting of the girls. Here are a few untouched pictures:

(She's just cool that way credits)
I couldn't believe my luck when Rachel actually sat still and posed for me so I could take her picture. She is normally the one refusing to look my direction when the camera is in my hand. And usually, the majority of the photos I take of her are with her eyes closed. LOL. She's such a cutie though.
I was telling her that her sister's birthday was in just a few days, on Wednesday. Then I began to say the names of the week with her repeating after me. Monday (Monday), Tuesday (Twosday), Wednesday (No Mommy, it's Threesday!). LOL, she is always cracking me up.
I'll be back later this week to update Elizabeth's birthday, her slumber party and Halloween. Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment